Our booklet on vascular malformations of the brain includes information on:
- The different types of vascular malformations of the brain (includes information on arteriovenous malformation (AVM) of the brain, arteriovenous fistula (AVF) of the dura (the brain’s outer covering), cavernous malformations (cavernomas), developmental venous anomaly and capillary telangiectasia)
- Common symptoms of vascular malformations of the brain
- Tests and investigations you might need
- Possible treatments that might help
- Returning to everyday activities
(Please note that it does not include information on brain aneurysms. Please see our subarachnoid haemorrhage booklet and coiling of brain aneurysms fact sheet for information on brain aneurysms and their treatment.)
Sources of further support and information are listed in the Useful Contacts section at the end of the booklet.