Our publications are designed as guides for people affected by brain and spine conditions, their families and carers. We aim to reduce uncertainty and anxiety by providing clear, concise, accurate and helpful information, and by answering the common questions that people ask. Our publications are Information Standard accredited and this means any medical information is evidence-based and accounts for current best practice guidelines and standards of care.
This booklet provides information on vascular malformations of the brain. It includes information on:
- The different types of vascular malformations of the brain
- Common symptoms of vascular malformations of the brain
- Tests and investigations you might need
- Possible treatments that might help
- Returning to everyday activities
(Please note that it does not include information on brain aneurysms. Please see our Subarachnoid Haemorrhage booklet and Coiling of Brain Aneurysms fact sheet for information on brain aneurysms and their treatment.)
Sources of further support and information are listed in the Useful Contacts section at the end of the booklet.