Our publications are designed as guides for people affected by brain and spine conditions, their families and carers. We aim to reduce uncertainty and anxiety by providing clear, concise, accurate and helpful information, and by answering the common questions that people ask. Our publications are Information Standard certified and this means any medical information is evidence-based and accounts for current best practice guidelines and standards of care.
This booklet provides information on subarachnoid haemorrhage (SAH). It provides information on:
- The acute stage of subarachnoid haemorrhage
- Explaining what a subarachnoid haemorrhage is
- What happens in hospital following a subarachnoid haemorrhage
- Tests and investigations you might need
- Possible treatments that might help
- Recovery and rehabilitation
- Returning to everyday activities.
Sources of further support and information are listed in the Useful Contacts section at the end of the booklet.
Our Helpline team are also here to answer your questions and provide practical and emotional support. Call 0808 808 1000.