You’ve heard it ten times a day or more. You’ve seen the apologetic oops-I-did-it-again gesture at colleagues and the frantic fumble to find the unmute button.
This spring, here’s a reason to stay on mute. Join our sponsored silence to support people living with a neurological condition. Together, let’s block out our calendars, enjoy uninterrupted focus time and raise funds through silence.
There are more people in the UK living with a neurological condition than cancer, heart disease, or diabetes, but you wouldn't know it. One-in-six people are affected by at least one neurological condition – that is over 13 million people.
For some our free Helpline, peer support groups and expert information booklets are crucial. For others, they can take the place of an understanding friend, providing support, clarity and reassurance.
How to take part
- Set up your JustGiving page
- Choose the day, morning or afternoon you'll be going on mute
- Encourage your workplace, friends or family to join you. A sponsored silence is a great way for your company to organise a meeting-free day whilst raising funds for a good cause.
- Take part in some of our ideas below to boost your fundraising
- Enjoy uninterrupted focus time. Find out more about the benefits of silence to brain health below.
Join our sponsored silence. Together, we can ensure anyone affected by a neurological condition can access our services. And together, we can build a community so no one feels alone. Your reason to stay on mute starts now.