text resize

0808 808 1000

Talk to a nurse

Author Topic: vertigo and neck and shoulder pain  (Read 1567 times)

Offline joanne

vertigo and neck and shoulder pain
« on: March 05, 2017, 06:25:27 am »
Hello All
I  was diagnosed with BPPV about 7 weeks ago, and I can honestly say depression is setting in fast, Epley hasnt worked....and the medication I've been given has left me so tired all I want to do is go to bed, but thats no good really because laying down sends me to spin hell.....
one thing I have noticed is that my neck and shoulder muscles are incredibly tight at the moment - long since before BPPV was diagnosed actually- when I try to massage them myself I feel a little sick and light headed, im wondering if this tightness could be effecting the nerves and causing the dizzy spells rather that 'crystals' in my inner ear canal...can anyone advise if a sports massage would help im hoping that if the muscles are loosened i might get some relief ?     

Offline web_editor

• Administrator
Re: vertigo and neck and shoulder pain
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 04:07:05 pm »
Hello,

Thank you for using our forum. I'm sorry to hear about your neck and shoulder pain and your vertigo.

I suggest you contact our Helpline for advice relating to you query on massages. Our nurses will be able to provide expert information. Helpline details: http://www.brainandspine.org.uk/helpline-contact-details

Best wishes,
Aaron
BSF's Digital Communications Officer

anything