The Brain & Spine Foundation works with many other charities and organisations. You can read more about our collaborative projects in this section.
The Neurological Alliance is a collaborative forum of a wide range of neurological charities with the main objective of improving the quality of life for people in the UK affected by a neurological condition. The Brain & Spine Foundation has been a member of the Neurological Alliance since 1996.
Brain Tumour Research
Brain Tumour Research is an initiative launched in 2009 by a group of 21 UK brain tumour charities, including the Brain & Spine Foundation, to raise the profile and funding for brain tumour patients and improve their chances. It is led by the charity Brain Tumour Research.
Information Project partners
The Brain & Spine Foundation began working with a number of partner organisations in 2009 as part of our Big Lottery funded Information Project to improve access to information about neurological conditions.
Though this project has now ended, the partnership continues. Through these organisations we are reaching even more people affected by brain and spine conditions.
We handle thousands of requests for information every year through our website and our Helpline but we know that there are potential service users who may benefit from our information services but who are not yet aware of them. Working with partner organisations, including charities, hospital PALS departments and information centres and others, we hope to reach people who may not use the internet, or have not been directed to our helpline services by their hospital or GP. Some of the organisations we work with also assist us in producing our publications.
The organisations working with us so far are:
- Astro Brain Tumour Fund
- BIRT (Brain Injury Rehabilitation Trust)
- The Brain Charity
- Brain Tumour Research
- Brain Tumour Research and Support Across Yorkshire
- Cavernoma Alliance UK
- Different Strokes
- Health Information Centre, University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire
- Hurstwood Park Neurological Centre (NHS Trust - Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals)
- The I Have IIH Foundation
- IIH UK
- Knowledge Centre, Walkergate Park for Neurorehabilitation & Neuropsychiatry
- The Nottingham Traumatic Brain Injury Service
- OUCH (UK)
- QEF Neuro Rehabilitation Services
- Royal Hospital for Neuro-disability
- Spinal Cord Tumour Forum
- Spinal Injuries Association
- Staffordshire Neurological Alliance
- Royal Surrey County Hospital (Audiology Department)
- Transverse Myelitis Society