Are you looking for someone who has similar experiences to you? Or perhaps a loved one has a neurological condition and you are struggling to understand what it feels like.
Blogs and stories
These stories are as individual as the people who tell them. Some of them are also in our discussion forum so feel free to post a reply there. You can even post your own story there too. We hope you will find something here that helps you.
- ADEM (acute disseminated encephalomyelitis)
- Back and neck pain
- Brain tumour
- Chiari malformation
- Dizziness and balance problems
- Head injury
- IIH (idiopathic intracranial hypertension)
- Spinal cord injury
- Spinal myoclonus
- Subarachnoid haemorrhage and unruptured brain aneurysms
- Transverse myelitis
- Other neurological conditions
These stories and interviews contain thoughts, tips or advice that may be especially helpful if you have been through something similar.
- A letter from your brain
- Positive steps forward: life after diagnosis
- Rebooting my brain: questions and answers with a subarachnoid haemorrhage survivor
- Living with a time bomb: the psychological effects of an unruptured brain aneurysm
- Why having a spinal cord injury doesn't mean I have "given up"
- Overcoming frustration and anger after a traumatic head injury
- Jeffrey Blum's story - life after head injury
- Gillian's Transient Global Amnesia episode